Fusion Driver Education
Street Talk Advanced Driving Skills (Defensive Driving Course)
Learner, Restricted and Full driver licence-holders can attend.
Restricted licence holders receive a reduction on Full licence from 18 months to 12 months, if under 25 years of age.
Over 25 years of age, you can reduce your Restricted licence time from 6 months to 3 months.
- The updated Street Talk defensive driving course has been revised to include skills that will help both Learner and Restricted Licence drivers pass the new Driving Tests
- Any Licence holder can attend and complete this course
- Restricted Licence holders can use the certificate from this course to receive a time reduction on their Restricted Licence from 18 months down to 12 months, if under 25 years of age
- If you are 25 years of age or older, then you can reduce your Restricted Licence time from 6 months to 3 months.
What is Street Talk?
Street Talk is an NZTA (New Zealand Transport Authority) approved course in advanced driving skills. Completing a Street Talk course reduces your full licence period by 6 months.
The Street Talk defensive driving course teaches you driving safety skills. It’s a fun and interactive programme that aims to help you to better understand and cope with risks when you’re driving and improve your driving. Most important of all, to be a safer driver.
This course helps you develop:
- advanced driving skills
- better control
- hazard identification
- the ability to make the right decisions
- the ability to manage risk
- prepares you for the restricted and full licence tests.
You will be provided with a logbook.
Note: Learner Licence holders will need access to a supervisor i.e parent to complete the practical assignment in this course. We also strongly recommend a minimum 40 driving hours/and or held this licence for at least 4 months before starting the course.